- Poured a cement step
- Installed bluestone pavers on the concrete patio and step
- Sanded, primed, reglazed, painted, installed, and trimmmed out salvaged windows
- Sanded, primed, painted, and installed door
- Installed weatherstripping around door
- Added a fresh coat of red paint to the exterior
- Built a railing
- Wired and installed new wall sconce at the start of the patio (not shown in the photos)
You may be wondering what is happening to the left of the step where there is currently dirt. We are planning to add a few bags of gravel to that spot, then perhaps some nice potted plants or larger flower boxes on stands. All of that will wait until spring.
The inside of the covered porch needs a few pieces of furniture and some tweaks before it will be ready for photos. We also painted our boards for the house foundation eyesore mentioned here, but have yet to install them. Hope to make that happen this weekend.
All in all we are pretty pleased with how it turned out. It seems to flow with the style of the house, and you can bet we are glad to have one more piece of this remodel puzzle in place. Yahoo :)